ACETALAcetal resin is a semi crystalline thermoplastic with high mechanical strength and rigidity, good slinding properties as well as excellent impact strenght and machinability. Thanks to lowest moisture and water absorption, POM presents goos dimensional and phisical stability. Addition of glass fiber improves dimensional stability, machanical strenght and rigidity. POM is suitable for food contact.
- High mechanical strength, rigidity and hardness. Low coefficient of friction.
- Good impact strenght, even at low temperatures.
- Low water and moisture absorption (saturation 0,8%), excellent machining ability. Thans to its properties, POM can be used instead of non – ferrous material with excellent results. It is machined with automatic machine.
- Lower tendency to deformation than Polyamides.
- High dimensional stability and hydrolysis resistance (up to 140°)
- A distinction is made between acetal homopolymers (POM-H) and acetal copolymers (POM-C) in regard to their properties. Due to its higher crystallinity, the properties of POM H include a slightly higher density, hardness and strength. Copolymers material however, has higher impact and abrasion strenght, better chemical and thermal resistance and is cheaper than POM H.
- Mechanical: Among technoplastic materials, POM C in largely used to make precision mechanical parts.
- Alimentary: In accordance with current regulations (UE and FDA), POM is physiologically inert and suitable for food contact.
- Chemical: High chemical resistance to acids, alkalis, organic solvents, benzene, oil and alcohol.
- Thermal: POM C is suitable for making mechanical parts that work at high temperatures continuosly.
- Electrical: POM is a non - hygroscopic material so it is commonly used for electrical uses as an insulatore.
POM has a lower abrasion resistance, especially in dirty and dusty environments and it does not resist to concentrate acids and to UV rays. POM C isn’t a self-extinguishing material. Combination of UV rays and atmospheric oxygen causes the oxidation of surface and the alteration of color.
Sliding and guiding components, parts of pumps, toothed wheels, clamps, bearings parts, rotors, joints, precision mechanical parts, electrical isulations.