NYLON 6 CASTCast Nylon is generally accepted as the primary engineering polymer, suitable for all simple bearing applications. By varying the conditions of the polymerization it is possible to change the mechanical characteristics adapting it to specific applications.
The production method of this polyamide, or the polymerization of caprolactam directly in the mold, makes possible to produce semi-finished or large finished pieces. It is also possible to increase the performance of the base polymer adding various additives, lubricants and dyes.
- Many options of formulation and a wilde range of profiles
- Good mechanical, thermal and chemical resistance properties
- Good to last at big loadings
- Good wear and abrasion resistance
- Good dimension stability, largely free from internal stress
- Available in a wilde range of sizes and colours FDA compliance
- Mechanical: being able to obtain semi-finished and large semi-finished pieces is widely used in the mechanical industry for the production of large diameter gears, pulleys, cams, wheels, anti-wear guides, gear wheels, guides, bearings, supports, etc.
- Foods: not suggested on contact with foods
- Electrical: being a hygroscopic material its usage it’s strongly limited in the electricity sector.
- Chemical: good resistance to inorganic compounds to solvents, and to alkalis.
- It is hygroscopic like extruded nylon 6.
- Due to the greater fragility compared to extruded PA6, it is preferred only for large pieces.
- For the molecular dispositions, the semi-finished castings of larger diameter and thickness are of better quality than those of small mass.
NYLON 6 C + MOS (PA 6C + MoS2)
An improved crystallization and a degree of self-lubrication is obtained through the addition of Molybdenum Disulfide. The surface hardness and a greater mechanical and anti-friction properties obtained are generally better. Color: BLACK / GRAY
NYLON C HR (PA 6C + Graphite)
Cast nylon with addition of graphite and a special lubricant. This product is more resistant to shocks and more self-lubricating, it works better and is more resistant to UV rays. Wear resistance is the highest among technopolymers. Compression and traction are high, fatigue resistance is as good as the general mechanical characteristics. Resistant to atmospheric agents and low temperatures.
NYLON C + Oil (PA 6C + Oil)
These products are composed on a base of lubricant addition. Thanks to the uniform distribution of lubricant, the resistance to wear, the coefficient of friction and the stick-slip characteristics are better than those of non-lubricated types, while maintaining excellent mechanical, thermal and electrical properties. Color: BLACK / YELLOW
NYLON C HS BLUE (PA 6C + UV & heat stabilizer)
Under form of dyes additives resistant to high temperatures, heat stabilizers and UV stabilizers allow HS Blue to maintain its mechanical characteristics even when operating at higher temperatures. Blue color
/ NYLON C + MOS + OIL (PA 6C + MoS2 + OIL)
Mixing the Molybdenum Disulfide with an oil lubricant in the production of cast nylon results in a material with excellent mechanical and antifriction characteristics. This material offers excellent stick-slip characteristics and well performs in the application of high pressure and low speed. Color: BLUE / BLACK
WATER ABSORPTION OF POLYAMIDES
Blu: Absorption in water
Red: Absorption in air at 50% Relative humidity