POLYETHER ETHER KETONEPEEK is a semicrystalline “high tech” polymer that offers great mechanical features and excellent chemical resistance; it can be used in hot water or steam up to 260° C and at very low temperature up to – 60° C. It is used in the food industry and in aerospace, aeronautical, automotive, military, electronical, petrochemical, nuclear, biomedical and hydroelectric fields. PEEK is one of the most versatile technopolymer and because of its high performance capacities, it can be used in mechanical, aeronautical and petrochemical application applications that require high chemical, mechanical and thermal resistance and that forsee the use of aggressive sustances such as H2S, CO2, methane and hydrocarbon. Among the plastic material, PEEK has the highest coefficient of friction. It can be used at a continuous operating temperature of 250° C (480° F) without compromising its properties.
- Lighter than aluminium, steel and titanium.
- Good dielectrical and isolating properties
- Low coefficient of moisture absorption
- Good machinability with tools
- excellent resistance to sterilisation
- High resistance to UV rays and gamma radiations.
- Low coefficient of friction and high wear resistance. No lubrificats needed.
- High chemical resistance, it is inoluble in contact with the major solvents, acids, salts and oil included
- Low gas emission, low producing of particles and an intrinsic pureness reduce contamination risks.
- Excellent resistance to stress, rigidity and dimensional stability even at high temperature and in challenging environments.
- Mechanical: PEEK is largely used in making of rollers, wear pads, conveyor system cmponents, pumps parts, bearings, elastic rings, compressor rings, engine components, valves, gears, busgings, etc.
- Alimentary: Suitable for food contact, FDA and UE approved.
- Electrical: due to its hood isolating and dielectrical properties, it is largely used in the elecrtonical fields and in the semiconductor industry.
- Chemical: High chemical resistance, it is inoluble in contact with the major solvents, acids, salts and oil included.
- Nuclear: thanks to its resitance to gamma rays, PEEK is largely used in thenuclear fields too
- PEEK is not greatly resistant to UV radiation
This polymer can be reinforced with small quantities of PTFE, graphite and carbon fiber. Adding these nanoparticles, material maintains typical properties of its polymerical base but its mechanical, wear, abrasiona and tear resistance are enhanced.
NaTural (burnish grey) and black PEEK
These semifinished materials are produced with virgin Polyethertherketone resin and they offer great impact resistance and tenacity. In accordance with current UE and FDA regulation PEEK is suitable for food contact; as regards bio – compatibility, PEEK is complied with USP Reference Standards. Thanks to its good sterilizability with dried air, steam, gamma ray and ethylene oxide this materiali s largely used in medical, pharmaceutical and food industry.
BLACK PEEK HPV (PEEK + Carbon Fibre + GRAPHITE)
The addition of PTFE, graphite, carbon fiber generates “bearing grade PEEK”. Its excellent trybolocic properties (low coefficient of friction, long lasting, high PV factor) make this material suitable for flowing applications with wear and friction.
Natural (burnish grey) PEEK – GF30 (PEEK – GF30)
30% glass fibre PEEK offers better rigidity, dimensional stability and creep resistance. This material is the best choice for stuctural applications under statical heavy load at high temperature and for long term. The use of PEEK GF30 for movement parts may not be the best choice because of the glass fibers tendency to abdrade the counterpart.
Black PEEK CF30
30% carbon fibre filled PEEK offers mechanical properties even better than PEEK GF30: excellent rigidity, creep resistance and wear resistance. Thermal conductivity of PEEK CF30 is higher than virgin PEEK: heating from flowing surface is rapidly dispersed.