TERETEFLALATE POLYETHYLENEPET is an unreinforced semi-crystalline thermal polyester that gives dimensional stability similar to acetal in combination with Nylon wear resistance. Suitable for use in precision mechanical parts subjected to high loads and in abrasive environments. The first polyester of commercial interest, PET, was synthesized in 1945 and introduced on the market in the first half of the fifties. PET has an excellent property / cost ratio and, in particular, good mechanical properties, excellent electrical properties and resistance to solvents. The low tendency to absorb humidity, low thermal expansion, in combination with a high mechanical resistance, creep and wear resistance, good electrical insulation and chemical resistance, makes this the most suitable material for the construction and use of moving parts, even with applications in wet environments. Excellent CO2 barrier properties and excellent aesthetic quality. PET (PETP in the past) is a partly crystalline thermoplastic polyester, based on Polyethylene Terephthalate. Resistance to hot water is low but has better resistance to acids than Nylon or Acetal. PET can work at continuous operating temperatures of around 100 ° C, and its melting point is almost 70 ° C higher than acetal. It retains significantly more than its original strength up to 85 ° C more than Nylon or Acetal. PET is FDA compliant in natural and black. In compliance with FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.1630 for contact with food. The compatibility of PET for contact with food is kept in Directive 2002/72 / EC of the European Commission and subsequent amendments (2004/19 / EC), however investigations continue to be carried out to verify any new health risks in products used as food containers (beverage bottles in the first place). Many components and machine parts in the food industry are PET made - a material that has easy access in the food processing sector due to the ease of sanitizing with the most common cleaning products (the previous material: aluminum). Its rigidity and apparent hygienic cleanliness - in addition to dimensional stability and resistance to hydrochloric acid - make PET the ideal choice for various components on pharmaceutical test equipment. (the previous material: Nylon, PEUHMW). PET + PTFE is a PET compound with a solid lubricant (PTFE), which provides a superior resistance to use, and a lower coefficient of friction. This material has excellent dimensional stability and remains rigid at high temperatures. It is FDA compliant.
- Great dimensional stability
- High mechanical resistance, hardness and rigidity
- Excellent wear resistance
- Good sliding properties
- Good water absorption
- Low thermal expantion
- Good electrical insulation properties
- High stain repellency
- Suitable for food contact
- Mechanical: Thanks to its low coefficient of friction, PET is largely used in making sliding components, bearings, guides and sleds. Dimensional stability make it irrapeceable for producing precision mechnaical parts with poor tolerances, even in even with applications in wet environments.
- Alimentary: PET is physiologically inert and it is largely used in food processing machineries manufacturing.
- Electrical: due to its long lasting excellent electrical properties, PET is widely used in elecrical applications and in making of elecrtical insulators.
- Chemical: good resistance to acids and to chlorinated solutions.
Fields of application
Toothed wheels, bushings, gearboxes, cams, arbors, collectors, pump piston alimentators, valves and parts of valves, electrical isulators, trails, cochlea, components of fuel pumps, system feeders, connectors and rotors.
- Very hard material
- Low impact resistance
∅ 5 - 150 mm
Spes. 8 - 50 mm